Norwich Technical High School Core Values, Beliefs, and Learning Expectations
To provide a positive and rigorous learning environment that ensures academic success and career technical education mastery, while promoting enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
BELIEFS ABOUT LEARNING
- Norwich Technical High School is committed to providing a safe climate that fosters the growth and development of all individuals.
- All students have the potential to achieve, given a variety of learning styles and needs.
- The staff is dedicated to implementing challenging academic and trade curricula with state of the art technology, equipping students with the necessary skills for achievement.
- The school community promotes the development of soft skills required for future achievement in education, employment and life.
Academic & Career
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace and academic conduct and communication. ● Make effective use of content knowledge, to think critically, to solve problems both individually and collaboratively.
- Use state of the art facilities and technologies to offer a wide range of career technical, core academic and elective courses which address both educational requirements and personal interests.
- Obtain specific career cluster occupational competencies, based on current industry standards, technology and practices.
- Transition from school to career pathways: including postsecondary education, apprenticeship, immediate employment and the military.
Social & Civic
Students, Faculty & Staff will be able to:
- Provide a safe, positive learning environment that reinforces the value of relationships, community, camaraderie, mutual support and respect.
- Foster self awareness and empathy for the views of others to promote social discourse and citizenship.
- Participate in programs and courses that respect, value, and provide learning opportunities from diverse perspectives, cultures, races, ages, genders, sexual orientations, and religions.
- Develop the ability to interact respectfully with all people and understand individuals’ differences as emerging global citizens.