Welcome to Graphic Design!
See inside the Graphic Design department at Norwich Tech; where technology meets creativity and innovation!
Connecticut Technical Education and Career System’s Graphics Technology course breakdown by grade. Each student is required to complete four years of a Career Technical Education program.
|Grade 9||Grade 10||Grade 11||Grade 12|
|3 Credits||3 Credits||3 Credits||3 Credits|
|Exploratory and Introduction to Graphics Technology||Graphic Communication Fundamentals||Graphic Communication Production||Graphic Communication Advanced Processes|
- OSHA 10 General Industry
- Adobe Certified Associate
- Precision Exams
- NOCTI Job Ready Exam for Graphic Production
- Demonstrate safety skills while working on computers and on production equipment
- Develop an Awareness of Career Opportunities and Professionalism in Graphic Design and Digital Media
- Explore fundamentals related to graphic design and digital media
- Creative and visual problem-solving skills are utilized and refined
- Demonstrate skills in 2d and 3d design
- Create Graphic and Multimedia Design Projects
- Interact with customers in developing and refining projects based on their needs
- Demonstrate skills in typography and page layout
- Demonstrate effective use of color and advanced color theory in design
- Utilize Adobe programs as standard in technologically innovative industry
Students successfully completing this course of study will be able to pursue a two-year graphics design degree at colleges and universities or go on to a four-year degree in graphics design. Students can obtain immediate employment in the graphics field. Jobs include: layout assistant, pre-press production, advertising and quality control. Students graduating from Graphics Technology also find success in the military in fields such as communications and public affairs.